Rainwater management, historically represented by rain gutters, canals and retention areas, people have been getting installed in the last two decades in many countries of the world with the complementation by measures such as direct roofing, temporary retention, recovery and reinjection.
The idea is to catch rainwater before it reaches the ground, where it is usually contaminated and unfit for use. The rainwater thus collected and used after adequate treatment, for many non-potable uses.
Beware these side effects of gutters while roofing Newport:
- Moisture in the walls near the floor, which causes rapid decomposition of the painting and the material that is made to the house, forming a different tone band in the wall of the building;
- Decay of the edges of buildings;
- Damage of the gardens or sidewalks, forming holes where the roof fall drops;
Elements of abstraction of water from rainwater
Rainwater collection elements make up the system for collecting and conducting water from the roof itself to the public water treatment system (surface and underground drainage of the public road).
In general, the pick up and drive elements are made of galvanized iron sheets, but can be made of rigid PVC, fiber cement or waterproof reinforced concrete. The positioning and fixing of the water pickup elements should occur just before the final closing of the roof and the engineer should check the following points before releasing the work continuity, as it is prudent to avoid workers returning to the roof to make repairs to not cause damages to the tiles and accessories and with this cause infiltrations and drips:
- Check the welds and rivets;
- Check that the minimum covering is respected (8 cm on common roofs);
- Make a leak test and trim (see if water stays in points of the gutter);
- Check for expansion joints in gutters over 20 m;
- Check the waterproofing points.